Send us a message and we’ll be in touch ASAP. The process for becoming a partner hospital is quick and easy —if you meet our clinical standards, you can be scheduling shifts in just a few hours. And there are no fees. Just sign up and start requesting coverage.
Once you’re all signed up with us, we’ll set your hospital up with our online scheduling system, CATS (Centralized Appointment Tracking System). It’s easy to access on our website and we’ll walk you through how to post shift requests.
The following shift types are available depending on your hospital needs:
- Exams: General practice medicine, appointments
- Surgery: Have Associate IndeVets perform dental or surgical procedures for all or more than 50% of the shift. Partner Hospitals need to go through an approval process before they can post Surgery shifts.
- Urgent Care: A different type of exam shift; walk-in only, usually at times when general practices are not open. There is no overnight care involved. Can include minor procedures (abscess repair, laceration repair, unblocking cats).
- ER: Daytime emergency medicine shifts
- ER Overnight: Overnight emergency medicine shifts.
- Exams/Surgery shifts: Schedule up to 50% surgery for half the surgery surcharge. The rest of the shift will be worked as general practice exams. Partners Hospitals must go through the surgical approval process to post Exams/Surgery shifts.
- Long-Term Placements: An IndeVets LTP is a 13-week commitment by a specific IndeVet to your clinic for at least one shift day per week. Complete our Partnership form to learn more.
Note any shift involving surgery (ER/Urgent Care/Surgery) requires an additional approval process.
There are no posting requirements. Use IndeVets when you need us.
Nope! There are no fees associated with being an IndeVets Partner Hospital. You’ll only be charged after an IndeVet covers one of your shifts.
When a doctor signs up for a shift at your hospital, you’ll receive an email confirming coverage, along with the IndeVet profile for the doctor covering your shift. Our profiles contain detailed clinical info on each IndeVet, making it easy to get to know them before they walk in the door.
We also share your hospital profile with our doctors ahead of time, so they come armed with knowledge of your hospital’s procedures, workflows, and staff.
Finally: We always ask our doctors to stay for their full shift, even if it is slow. We encourage them to help out where they can, so feel free to let them know if you need anything!
While we cannot guarantee coverage, all of our Partner Hospitals are assigned a dedicated IndeVets Success Advisor, who will work with you to improve your chances of getting coverage.
Yep! You are welcome to work with other relief companies.
Our doctors are W9 employees.
We only hire the best. In fact, only about 15% of veterinarians that apply become Associate IndeVets. We know it takes more than a license and clean record to be an awesome person and an amazing clinician.
Every applicant is reviewed and screened by a practicing IndeVet. We don’t hire new graduates — our associates need to have enough experience to practice independently in your hospital.
Then applicants complete a Predictive Index Behavioral Report to determine their key personality traits. There is also a round of clinical questions and case studies to assess their standard of veterinary medical care.
All applicants are interviewed by at least two members of our clinical leadership team (all veterinarians), including at least one veterinarian to discuss clinical cases and medical standards of care. Lastly, we speak with at least three references for each candidate prior to bringing the candidate to our hiring committee meeting to discuss the next steps in the process.
Applicants must also pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
No, we take care of that. All our IndeVets are covered with general liability, worker’s compensation, and professional liability insurance with license defense.
Because IndeVets is a doctor-driven service that allows veterinarians to choose when and where they work, you cannot choose a specific IndeVet at this time. We will, however, provide you with information on any of our IndeVets who take a shift at your hospital.
We provide the kind of doctors you can trust to step into your clinic and practice excellent medicine that keeps your clients happy and your clinic humming, so you don’t have to worry about a thing. That’s why we offer The Love Your IndeVet™ Guarantee. If for any reason you don’t love your IndeVet, just let us know, and we’ll always make it right.
IndeVets work at a variety of different hospitals with varying software, so they may be familiar with yours! You can share your PRM system in your Hospital Profile on our CATS scheduling portal. If your scheduled IndeVet has not worked with your hospital before, it may be beneficial to set aside 10-15 minutes at the beginning of the shift to go over your software and set the day up for success
As IndeVets, our doctors have the freedom to work with any of our current Partner Hospitals within their area.
Most IndeVets are comfortable with being the sole practitioner at your clinic.
We are a doctor-driven service and allow our IndeVets to choose when and where they would like to work.
Updated: July 6, 2023
The federal COVID-19 Public Health Emergency declaration ended on May 11, 2023. The CDC is shifting from an emergency response to incorporating COVID-19 activities into sustainable public health practice (click HERE for more information from the CDC). Most tools, like vaccines, treatments, and testing, will remain available.
Associate IndeVets have been pivotal as frontline healthcare workers throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, and we will continue to work diligently and safely in our Partner Hospitals. As a company, our doctors will continue to isolate for five days after testing positive for COVID-19 as per the current Isolation and Exposure Calculator.
For all Associate IndeVets
The following safety protocols are required when practicing in our Partner Hospitals:
- Our Associate IndeVets will comply with a Partner Hospital’s protocols on mask wearing.
- If a Partner Hospital isn’t masking, our Associate IndeVet may still mask.
- Practice appropriate hand washing as recommended by the CDC.
- Share only their positive COVID-19 status with their direct supervisor. Exposures are not required to be reported to their supervisor.
- Mask if they have been exposed to COVID-19 and are asymptomatic per the CDC’s guidelines
- Notify their supervisor if ill.
- The CDC recommends testing for COVID—19 if:
- They have been potentially exposed to a COVID-19 positive person (tested 5 days post exposure)
- They are symptomatic for COVID-19 (regardless of vaccination status)
For our Partner Hospitals
We all acknowledge that the safety of our personnel is paramount and although the COVID emergency declaration is over, we appreciate your continued efforts to keep all people in your hospital safe.
If you have questions about this policy:
Please call our Scheduling team at (833) INDEVETS (option 1). If no one answers, please leave a message and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to become an IndeVets partner hospital?
Let’s reimagine relief work, together.